Friday, July 26, 2013

Megan & Ryan Update

    When I did my first maternity shoot not too long ago, I was using free online editors to do my post processing.  I am pleased to say that after taking some time to get acquainted with Lightroom, I was able to go back and start anew with those maternity pictures and it is a world of difference.  I am loving Lightroom 5 and I'm pretty sure I have only scratched the surface of what I can accomplish, but I feel that with each and every photo I edit, the more I learn and improve, as well as continue to develop a sort of processing style (which will no doubt evolve as I evolve as a photographer).  So I am very happy with the results of my first shoot (well first shoot that wasn't of a vacation, my relatives or my son, I'd add my husband to the list but he prefers to take on the role of photo bomber, lol).  I worked incredibly hard at the post processing and it took a great deal of time to narrow down pictures and choose what treatment looks best for each, but I know I will get much faster at this process as I gain more experience with it. 
    And this brings me to May and June.  A lot happened, but to sum things up~I finished the pictures and Megan had the baby (2 weeks early!), and so then at the start of this month I was doing an earlier-than-expected newborn shoot :-).  But after all of this, the one thing that I wasn't able to do was to get a more detailed look at their maternity shoot on the blog.  The first blog post I did on it was merely a sneak peek at what was to come.  I really wanted them to be able to easily share the pictures with friends and family and I know it is harder to do so with a CD of pictures and a gorgeous little baby keeping your hands full.  So much easier to just click and share a link..  
    So without further ado, I have put together a nice sampling of some of my favorites from the shoot that I hope will still be enjoyed by Megan and Ryan and their family and friends.     And no worries, newborn pictures are in the works!

*larger images can be viewed by clicking on the photo*























No comments:

Post a Comment