Thursday, May 9, 2013

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! 
My name is Jess and I am a full-time wife, mommy and amateur photographer looking forward to blogging and documenting some of my journey from amateur to professional photographer. I am an artist at heart and have excelled in many art forms throughout my life, but I find true joy and passion in the absolute beauty of photography. There is nothing so wonderful as capturing the essence of a moment, frozen in time to cherish indefinitely. It is a priceless love affair with lenses and light that has me hooked on always striving for my next favorite shot and my next favorite subject (although my son takes the cake on that one ;-P). I find it truly rewarding to bring joy to others by capturing some of these magical moments and milestones and I hope that one day, I too, will inspire a new budding photographer as so many incredible artists and photographers have done for me. That being said, there is an overwhelming, never ending sinkhole of information to learn about all the ins and outs of equipment, lighting, lenses, processing, and lets not even get into the costs and difficulty of learning professional processing software... But what I am coming to learn, is that I can't make this all happen in days or weeks or months. I need to just slow down and take things one step at a time and that the absolute best learning I could ever receive is through experience, experience, EXPERIENCE. I need to take my camera everywhere I go and put all that information I've been cramming into my brain to good use!

And with that I beg of you to be patient with my postings and my learning process (and remember I'm a stay at home mom of the 'energizer' toddler) and by all means, I'm happy to receive constructive criticism and plenty of encouragement. 
Thank goodness the grass is green and there are leaves on the trees (finally!), looking forward to a fantastic shutterbug summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment